Friday, May 6, 2011

Same Old Same Old

So I really don’t have anything to blog about today but thought I would write anyways. This week has been a nice change. I got to go to Portland for a work conference Sunday through Tuesday. The conference was pretty lame but we were downtown with lots of shopping and yummy food places so it was great. I did so much walking my feet were in agony by the time I got home Tuesday night. I grew up in Vancouver for those of you that did not know so very close to Portland. So I got to meet up with two of my friends from High School for dinner Monday night, so fun!!!

 

I have been working full time now since January so this was a change and I got to have Wednesday and Friday off since the conference started Sunday and we got back at like 11:00 Tuesday night. Nothing really new is happening for us right now. Landon is still plugging away at school, he is definitely ready to be done. He did find out that he will have all his internships here in Spokane next year so no moving around for him which will be nice for the both of us because I probably wouldn’t have gone with him if he had to leave. Only one more year, can’t wait.

 

Landon’s brother came home early from his mission due to medical reasons, he had two surgeries this week to repair both his shoulders. They came to visit us Easter Weekend so that was awesome. What a great kid, he is so positive even though so much has happened. What a great example to us, we love him! We hope he will get to go back out on his mission soon.

 

As far as my self-pity goes I think I am finally starting to do better. Today I read that one of my friends is expecting a baby and I think it is the first time I have not cried when finding out a friend or family member was pregnant. That is progress right :) I know that I have a long way to go to be a good person and be able to rejoice with people in their joy when it is something I too want so badly. I think I am finally starting to get there.

 

Feeling great today after my Zumba class. Still loving it. Wish I could go every week 3 times instead of just Saturdays, dang work. Just kidding, I feel very blessed to be working to support our family right now. It is truly a blessing even though sometimes I hate it. That’s all for now. Sorry no fun pics. I do have a pic of me with my friends at the Moroccan restaurant we went to, but too lazy to download it. Ta ta for now.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update! I wish I was there to do Zumba with ya--I need to do something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are doing well! I'm sorry things have been difficult for you in the baby section, miscarriage sucks. It sucks when a future you are looking forward to is gone (I know). Life goes on and we grow on but we don't forget. I'm so happy you are feeling happy!! You are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh we miss you guys so much! Glad everything is going well for you two, good luck Landon with finishing up school!!!

    ReplyDelete