Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter!

Well I do have a few photos that I will have to add later because I am too lazy to do it now. I just wanted to reflect on some of my feelings that I have had this easter season. I loved President Monson's talk where he quoted Job, when a man dies, shall he live again? I think many of us know the answer to that question but how often do we ponder what that really means? I love that easter gives us the time to reflect on the resurrection. For anyone that has lost a loved one the resurrection becomes a very real thing as we long for that day that we can see our loved ones again.

Yesterday we went to an outdoor depiction of christ's life leading up to his crucifixion and resurrection that was put on by a local church here in our neighborhood. At first I thought it was kinda cheesy because the acting was not very good but as we continued through the life of our savior and especially as we approached his crucifixion I could not help but be touched with the awful pain he must have felt and endured for all of us. To have the father's spirit withdraw from him would be more than anyone could bear, yet he endured. How blessed we are to always have the spirit with us and be able to partake of the special blessings offered by the atonement of our savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful to know my savior lives, that he was resurrected and because he lives we too may live again and be able to see our loved ones again.

I hope this easter season as you celebrated that you were able to feel and remember the real reason why we celebrate easter and give thanks to our savior who has given us the greatest gift of all.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for that post. It is hard sometimes among all the candy and easter eggs to really remember the reason for Easter. I really enjoyed listening to conference the whole weekend. It did help bring the spirit into the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luc! I love you! We miss you guys! Can't wait for June

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to our Savior. He lives, and He loves us. Life doesn't get much better than that.

    ReplyDelete