Well here is the job sitch... for those who have been asking. I decided to take the job at the Restaurant as a server. The job at the barber shop kinda yanked me around and then told me they were only gonna pay minimum wage so I was mad. The restaurant pays minimum wage plus tips so I figured I would make a lot more money and it's a lot closer. I had an informal orientation on Nov. 18th to turn all our paperwork and stuff in. We were supposed to start training the following week (thanksgiving) but training was pushed back to start Nov. 30. So we get back on sunday and I have email that training is pushed back again to Dec. 7th a whole week later. Then on Dec. 4th I get another email that the restaurant isn't opening now until dec. 31st and we won't start training until dec. 28th. It has been really annoying and frustrating!! So yes I am still not working. I had an interview yesterday for the WIC job but it is only an on call position with really no hope for advancing. The lady doing this position has been there 5 years. I will know in two weeks if I got that job, but not sure how I would make it work. So I guess I should start looking for jobs again. I really can't believe I've been unemployed this long, I'm really not that big of a loser I promise!!!
Sorry about the job struggles! That's no fun at all. We really should hang out sometime then if you guys don't have to get off work or anything. Are you going down to Utah again for any of Landon's break?
ReplyDeleteA lady from the WIC office called me today for a reference. I said nothing but nice things - of course - and told her she should pay you ONE MILLION DOLLARS!
ReplyDeleteYou are not a loser. It is the people and businesses who haven't hired you yet that are losing out. Guess you really are working----you are just working on developing more patience. It is hard, but I know that you will be blessed as long as you two keep doing those things that you know are right and important. Sure do love ya both. I love the Christmas borders for you blog. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete